16.2.09

A propósito das minhas desventuras

A Miss Precious, que tem acompanhado com regularidade as minhas desventuras no ensino português, enviou-me uma citação deliciosa da autoria de Terry Pratchett. Aqui fica ela:


"You know, you sound a very educated man for a barbarian", said Rincewind.
"Oh, dear me, I didn't start out a barbarian. I used to be a school teacher. That's why they call me Teach."
"What did you teach?"
"Geography. And I was very interested in Auriental studies. But I decided to give it up and make a living by the sword."
"After being a teacher all your life?"
"It did mean a change of perspective, yes."
"But. . . well. . . surely . .. the privation, the terrible hazards, the daily risk of death . . ."
Mr. Saveloy brightened up. "Oh, you've been a teacher, have you?"

in Interesting Times, Terry Pratchett

2 comments:

Precious said...

É muito bem apanhada e mostra que, também na Inglaterra e no Discworld, os professores sofrem um bocado.
Pequena correcção, não casei, mas agora sou só Precious :)

Maria Felgueiras said...

Pois de facto, só agora reparei nesse detalhe!